We all simply adore the delicious taste of bananas, but at the same time, these fruits are packed with minerals, vitamins, and nutrients that boost our health.
Take a look at their nutritional profile:
-Potassium — 450 mg
-Magnesium — 34 mg
-Folate — 25.0 mcg
-Vitamin C — 9 mg
-Dietary Fiber — 3g
-Protein — 1 g
-Niacin — 0.8 mg
-Vitamin A — 81 IU
-Vitamin B6 — 0.5 mg
-Iron — 0.3 mg
-Manganese — 0.3 mg
-Riboflavin — 0.1 mg
However, bananas can vary in color, and each color is linked to different advantages.
First of all, green bananas are beneficial to control blood sugar levels, as they have a low glycemic index. Moreover, these bananas keep you full longer. Firm, yellow bananas are easy to digest and are full of antioxidants that support health in numerous ways and prevent various health issues.
Spotted bananas are high in antioxidants and prevent free radical damage and thus prevent cancer and break down abnormal cells in the body.
Brown and soft bananas are higher in sugar than lighter variants, but they are abundant in tryptophan, which lowers stress and treats anxiety, and nutrients that strengthen the muscles and bones.
Therefore, regardless of their color and ripeness, bananas are real superfoods that are extremely beneficial for our health.
Here are some of their countless health benefits:
- They control blood sugar levels
- Bananas help in the treatment of acid reflux, heartburn, and GERD
- Protect the eyes against macular degeneration
- Bananas prevent muscle cramps during workouts and at night
- Strengthen the bones
- Soothe PMS symptoms
- Prevent type 2 diabetes
- Bananas lower blood pressure and lower the risk of strokes and heart attacks
- Bananas treat depression, lower stress and improve mood
- Help digestion
- Stimulate the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowels
- Treat constipation and treat diarrhea
- Treat anemia
- Reduce swellings
- Support weight loss
- They boost alertness
- Prevent free radical damage and the development of chronic diseases
- Reduce nausea due to morning sickness,
- And many more. Therefore, consume them daily and reap all these benefits!